This accessibility statement applies to www.greatyarmouthfuneralservices.co.uk which is operated by Great Yarmouth Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use these websites. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website with a screen reader
We endeavour to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
This statement does not cover links to external websites, apps and web portals not listed above.
How to make your device easier to use
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This includes how to:
- make text larger
- magnify the screen
- change your fonts
- change your colours
- make your mouse pointer easier to see
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- make your device talk to you
Useful websites to help with accessibility
- Help with screen readers - RNIB website
- Microsoft accessibility information
- Apple accessibility support
Translating this website
Some content and resources on our website regarding services is already translated and available for use.
You can also view the entire website in a different language for free using Google Translate. We have provided language specific links listed below:
Please be aware that Google Translate automatically translates content and may result in unreliable translations.
Google Translate is provided for free by a third party (Google) and Great Yarmouth Borough Council cannot be not responsible for the content or accuracy of the translation.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most PDF and archive documents are not fully accessible
- videos are uploaded to YouTube which offer auto-generated closed captions and may not be completed accurately
- some pages and document attachments are not written in plain English
- some of our forms published as PDF documents may not yet be fully accessible. Where possible, we plan to replace these with accessible online forms.
- we have links to some systems which are operated by third-party suppliers that are not fully accessible at this time
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, contact us with:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio recording, braille, BSL, large print, accessible PDF
Provide this information by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 01493 856100
- post: Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Town Hall, Hall Plain, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR30 2QF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com or call us on 01493 856100.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations').
If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
If you would like to visit us in person, and have any accessibility requirements, please get in touch with us via phone, email firstname.lastname@example.org, live chat online or by writing to us to advise of your requirements.
Our offices have audio induction loops available for use.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25 February 2022.
This website was last tested on 25 February 2022. The test was carried out by Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Testing was conducted on one of each website template page we have on www.greatyarmouthfuneralservices.co.uk.
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The websites included within this accessibility statement are partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- There are some links that don't clearly state their purpose, or are not described by its link text alone, or by the link text together with preceding page content. This fails WCAG 2 success criterion 2.4.4: Link Purpose (In Context).
- There are some instances where the same link text has been used for different destinations. This fails WCAG 2 success criterion 2.4.4: Link Purpose (In Context).
PDFs and other documents
Many of the PDF documents published on the website are not accessible in that they:
- do not correctly specify a default document language which is used to render text and help screen readers pronounce words correctly; this fails WCAG 2 success criterion 3.1.1 (Language of Page)
- do not use bookmarks in long documents to provide a hierarchical overview of the document and help aid navigation; this fails WCAG 2 success criterion 2.4.5 (Multiple Ways)
- do not provide a suitably descriptive or valid title for the document to support assistive technology; this fails WCAG2 success criterion 2.4.2 (Page Titled)
- have either been incorrectly or not tagged properly; this fails WCAG 2 success criterion 1.3.1: Info and Relationships
- do not specify headings correctly; this fails WCAG 2 success criterion 1.3.1: Info and Relationships
- do not ensure that the first heading is a Heading 1; this fails WCAG 2 success criterion 1.3.1: Info and Relationships
- do not ensure headings follow a logical order; this fails WCAG 2 success criterion 1.3.1: Info and Relationships
- are not machine readable; this fails WCAG 2 success criterion 1.1.1: Non-text Content
If you are unable to access any document on this site, please email the title and the web address (URL) of the PDF to email@example.com and we will endeavour to send an accessible version.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Maps and mapping services
Maps and mapping services are not entirely accessible and where possible, key information has been provided in an accessible format.
We do not plan to create accessible maps and mapping services because maps are exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
This website includes links to third-party, external websites and other services that may not be fully accessible.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We are currently reviewing our existing PDF documents to ensure they meet the accessibility standards and where possible, converting these to web forms.
We will continue to:
- regularly review and monitor the level of accessibility compliance of this website
- review the tools that we use to generate and review compliance of PDF documents
- review our internal documentation and the training materials provided to staff to ensure this reflects current guidance and best practice
- raise awareness with our staff to help ensure that any new PDFs or other documents we publish meet the required accessibility standards
- provide accessible versions of any documents and would subsequently upload these to the website to replace non-accessible versions
How we test this website
We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible this website is.
We undertake accessibility audits of www.greatyarmouthfuneralservices.co.uk in line with method 1 as described in the guidance make your website accessible and publish an accessibility statement.
We also use a third-party provider to undertake regular testing to help report any accessibility issues that can be identified in an automated way.